5 KILLER Ways To CRUSH Stress
Dr. Philip Rodger
Owner and Clinic Director
LETS FACE IT! We all have stress… This year may have proven to be the most stressful year ever.
Stress can lead to many other things that you may have been experiencing. Any of these sound familiar? Anxiety, Depression, Mood Swings, Illness, and Lack of Sleep…
As stress continues to overload our system tasks can become incredibly difficult to accomplish. Decreased productivity at work, can’t get everything done at home, forget to turn the lights off? Those are clear signs that you are STRESSED!
If the stress isn’t dealt with soon enough it can turn into headaches, migraines, neck pain, back pain, and tension!
So here are 5 KILLER ways to CRUSH stress!
- Meditate – I know this may sound intimidating at first but it is a lot easier than you think. There is no right or wrong way to go about meditating. Check out my friend Sid McNairy. He is a great person to learn from when it comes to meditation. He has even given us a short guided meditation here to help you get started.
- Exercise – Yes, the dreaded exercise. It’s always a lot easier when we sit on the couch and are depressed to just watch TV and zone out. But getting off the couch and just doing something simple like a walk will be great. It get’s the heart pumping, releases endorphins, and you get to be outside. Which leads me to #3
- Get Outside – Let’s be honest here to, we live in Florida here, it is almost always beautiful outside. So no excuse. Getting direct sunlight helps your body to produce Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps to boost your immune system, reduce depression, and can even aid in weight loss!
- Get proper nutrition – Alright, you probably think I’m a health nut or something now right? But seriously, eating the right foods can dramatically reduce stress. If you are chronically inflamed from a poor diet this can cause extra stress, anxiety, depression, etc. So eat more lean cuts of meat, fresh fruits, veggies, and limit your processed foods.
- Start seeing a Chiropractor – Chiropractors are great at helping relieving stress from our bodies. Chiropractic adjustments will keep your spine in proper alignment so your nervous system can function optimally. They also will help to reduce muscular tension and offer additional relaxation tips.
By all means this is not a completely exhaustive list of the ways that you can reduce stress. However, these are the things that I have found to be the most effective for not only myself but for our clients as well.
Let me know what has been the most effective form of stress relief for you in the comments!
If we can be of any service to you don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org